It’s almost time for Salt City Steamfest! That means CONTEST!!!
Do you think you can spin a yarn worthy of the Salty Dog? Aye, many of you might. But only one will earn the approval of Captain Wymore and get the saline canine bragging rights. For one exemplary Steampunk, victory awaits!
The Salty Dog
Short Story Contest Rules
– Only Steampunk stories are allowed. (See definition under “The Cypher” below.)
– No excerpts, previously published short stories, or short stories under consideration by other magazines or publishers are allowed.
– Stories should be between 2,000 and 6,000 words long, submitted as an e-mail attachment in .doc format (only).
– Each entry must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com with “Salty Dog: Title by Author” in the subject line.
– Entries must be in Garamond, 12 point font, 1.5 spacing, and 1″ borders. No page numbering.
– The writer’s name (with optional penname) and e-mail address must be at the top of the entry document.
– All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Independence Day (Saturday, July 4) 2015.
– The author must attend the Salt City Steamfest in July 17-18, 2015, or the entry is forfeited.
– The decision of the judge, James Wymore, is final.
– While the exact definition of “Steampunk” remains enigmatic, for the purposes of this contest, Steampunk will be defined as:
* Historical Science Fiction
* Historical Fantasy
* Speculative Alternate History
– Character and a good story win the day, but the Judge will give preference to stories set in Utah before 1899.
– The official contest winner will be announced and given the 2015 Salty Dog award at the “Writing Steampunk” panel at Steamfest.
– The winning author will be awarded a contract with Curiosity Quills Press to publish their story in a print and e-book anthology.
Now get those difference engines spinning out some fish tales!