Available now: PUT YOUR SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL!
This is volume two of the Mormon Steampunk series by Immortal Works. Originally, it was meant as a single anthology, but with so many submissions, it became three. I’m not actually in this one… meaning I edited the first one, ALL MADE OF HINGES, and my story will be in the third one, PRESS FORWARD SAINTS. However, I recommend it, because all these stories are a blast!
We had so many authors express interest after ALL MADE OF HINGES came out, saying they didn’t hear about the original call for submissions, that the publisher decided to make yet another volume. So I’m including the official call below.
If you read, get PUT YOUR SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL. If you write…
A Mighty Fortress: Mormon Steampunk Volume IV Call for submissions
Immortal Works (editor Holli Anderson) hereby calls for submissions for an anthology of MORMON STEAMPUNK to be called A MIGHTY FORTRESS.
Here is the deal:
- The writer’s religious affiliation is completely irrelevant. We don’t care; we don’t even want to know.
- The story does not have to be set in any particular world. The story must be in some sense “Mormon” and in some sense “Steampunk.” We’ll try to interpret those categories both broadly.
- If your story is faith-promoting (Mormonism is “true” in the story), we’ll stop reading it. If it is mean-spirited (Mormons are all idiots), we’ll also stop reading it.
- Stories should be at least 2,000 words long and generally no more than 8,000 words.
- The deadline for submissions is April 23, 2019 or until filled.
- Authors will not receive up-front payments. Authors will share in the revenues from sales of the book over time and will receive one (1) complimentary author copy.
- Send submissions to hollia (at) immortal-works.com. Include the words “A MIGHTY FORTRESS SUBMISSION” in the subject line.