D. J. Butler is the leading, if not only, author in “Mormon Steampunk.” His four book series, City of the Saints, is now an omnibus that reaches a very wide and eclectic audience. Since its publication, a large number of readers have asked for more and a good group of authors have expressed interest in writing something similar. In 2018 he decided to collect short stories in the same genre and put together an anthology. I’m thrilled to be working with him as co-editor on this project.
PRESS FORWARD, SAINTS Call for Submissions
Immortal Works (editors James Wymore and D.J. Butler) hereby call for submissions for an anthology of MORMON STEAMPUNK to be called PRESS FORWARD, SAINTS.
Here is the deal:
1. The writer’s religious affiliation is completely irrelevant. We don’t care; we don’t even want to know.
2. The story does not have to be set in any particular world. The story must be in some sense “Mormon” and in some sense “Steampunk.” We’ll try to interpret those categories both broadly.
3. If your story is faith-promoting (Mormonism is “true” in the story), we’ll stop reading it. If it is mean-spirited (Mormons are all idiots), we’ll also stop reading it.
4. Stories should be at least 2,000 words long and generally no more than 8,000 words.
5. The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2018.
6. Authors will not receive up-front payments. Authors will share in the revenues from sales of the book over time and will receive one (1) complimentary author copy.
7. Send submissions to david.john.butler (at) hotmail.com. Include the words “PRESS FORWARD SAINTS SUBMISSION” in the subject line.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at jameswymore (at) gmail.com as well. If you aren’t sure what Steampunk is, check some of these references…